The north chapel dates from the mid 16th century.* Joseph Clarke (1819/20-81)** subjected the whole church to a thorough restoration in 1851; he was responsible for the design of the enjoyably showy ogee-headed door on the south of the chancel and many other features.
Inside, the arcades are tall and stately with elaborate mouldings.
|George III coat of arms
|Piscina and sedilia
|15th/16th cen parish chest
|Arcade between chancel and chapel by Clarke, 1851. The screen, like all the dark, heavy, shiny woodwork in the chancel must be from the same or a similar date
|Victorian pelican in its piety
|From the north west